Need a quick recipe for chicken, this is one of my staples for chicken I have been making for years and it really doesn’t need a lot of ingredients, the most important is to have fresh basil.
When I go to the Asian market I always stock up on Thai red curry paste, and coconut milk.
The green curry paste is great paired with vegetables if you are vegetarian especially delicious with eggplants. I also buy my basil at the Asian markets I find it is fresher and you get more for your buck.
Thai Red Curry Recipe
- Chicken breast - 2
- Thai red curry paste - 2 TBSP
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Ginger - 4 slices
- Garlic - 1 minced
- Onion - 1/2
- Red bell pepper - 1/2
- Green bell pepper - 1/2
- Carrot - 1-2
- Sugar - 1 1/2 TBSP
- Fish sauce - 1 TBSP
- Coconut milk - 1/2 can
- Fresh basil leaves - A handful
- Cut the chicken breast into thin strips and season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Have all your vegetables ready, slice the onions, ginger, peppers and carrots thinly. Minced the garlic. Set aside.
- In your wok or non stick pan, heat up the oil on medium high and add the chicken, cook for 2 minutes just to get a nice sear on them but not fully cooked. Add the ginger, garlic and the vegetables and fry for another minute, add the Thai red curry paste and sugar. After 1 minute, add the coconut milk and the fish sauce. Taste and adjust if needed. You can add a splash of water or stock if it's a bit thick. If you want it to be a bit spicier add more red curry paste. Turn off the fire and add the basil leaves. Serve with white rice.