This lemon chicken thighs recipe is easy to make and ready in no time! A quick and healthy weeknight chicken recipe that tastes great over rice or pasta.
There’s something about cold-weather food that just warms the soul, you know?
This chicken recipe also makes the house smell ahhhhh-mazing, but it’s low maintenance enough that you can throw it together and still have time for one last cocktail on the deck in the sunshine before we wave goodbye to summer. Mix it up by adding potatoes, asparagus, or carrots and use whatever cut of chicken you have on hand!
Chicken Thighs with Lemon
For The Marinade
- 1 shallot roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
For the Chicken
- 8 bone in skin on chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste to lightly season the chicken
- To prepare the marinade, in a food processor or blender combine the shallots, garlic cloves, basil, cilantro, olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, cumin and cayenne pepper. Puree until smooth.
- Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in a large zip top bag or non-reactive container and pour the marinade over the chicken. Mix to combine making sure the chicken is coated evenly. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerated up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the chicken in a sheet pan or baking dish. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve.