One-Pan Pesto Chicken, Tortellini, and Veggies – healthy, easy-to-make Mediterranean-style dinner that is good for you and it tastes like comfort food!
This easy chicken dinner is packed with colorful vegetables: red and yellow grape tomatoes, asparagus, and sun-dried tomatoes, combined with the delicious cheese tortellini. Everything is generously smothered with basil pesto and olive oil. I love how well-balanced this dish turned out to be thanks to the combination of the veggies, healthy oils (olive oil and basil pesto), protein (chicken), and a moderate amount of carbs (tortellini).
Everything is cooked in one pan – which means quick and easy clean up after you’re done eating this deliciousness!
One-Pan Pesto Chicken, Tortellini, and Veggies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs boneless and skinless, sliced into strips
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes drained of oil, chopped
- 1 pound asparagus ends trimmed, cut in half
- 1/4 cup basil pesto or more to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes yellow and red, halved
- 1 cup uncooked tortellini
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, add sliced chicken thighs, season chicken generously with salt, add half of chopped sun-dried tomatoes – and cook everything on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, flipping a couple of times, until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and sun-dried from the skillet, leaving the oil in.
- Add asparagus (ends trimmed), seasoned generously with salt, remaining half of sun-dried tomatoes, and cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the asparagus is cooked through. Remove the asparagus to a serving plate.
- Cook tortellini according to the package instructions, drain.
- Add chicken back to the skillet, add pesto, stir to coat on low-medium heat until the chicken is reheated, 1 or 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add tortellini, halved cherry tomatoes, mix with the pesto and the chicken. Add more pesto if desired. Taste, and add more salt if needed. Add chicken and tomatoes and tortellini to the serving plate with asparagus.