If you’re anything like me, some days you just want a simple meal without too much effort… well, this Hummus and Avocado Toast has been my go to and will soon be yours too!
I always have a few avocados out ripening, tomatoes in the fridge and lately hummus in there as well. This makes for an easy, light lunch when paired with fruit. Or a quick afternoon snack by itself.
know this Hummus and Avocado Toast recipe doesn’t fit the standards of a “real recipe” per-say, but it was too delicious, and easy to make for me not to share. Sometimes the most basic throw-together meals are the tastiest! And this recipe has all the taste you are looking for in an under 10 minute lunch or snack!
Here is how to make it:
2 Pieces of seeded multi-grain bread, toasted (or bread of choice)
6 Tablespoons hummus, divided
1 organic ripe avocado
Organic tomato slices
Himalayan pink salt
Fresh ground black pepper
Cayenne pepper, optional
- Toast your bread to desired brownness. I like my toast slightly darker, so I set the toaster to medium/dark.
- Once the toast is done, let cool a few minutes.
- Place about 3 Tablespoons Ultimate Hummus on each piece of toast. I like a little heat, so at this point I’ll sprinkle cayenne on the hummus, but it’s completely optional.
- Now cut your avocado in half. Top each piece of toast with half an avocado, cut into chunky slices.
- Top with tomato slices and season with salt and pepper.