Honey Garlic Shrimps
Original post on Sally’s Baking Addiction
This is one of the most delicious healthy dishes. The unique marinade is the element of surprise in this dish. It consists of the delicious trio: honey, soy sauce, and garlic. The combination of honey and garlic will bring extasy to your taste buds. And the best thing about it is that it takes only 20 minutes to cook! That’s why I love cooking seafood – it’s fast!
Honey Garlic Shrimp
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce I use reduced sodium
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- optional: 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 lb medium uncooked shrimp peeled & deveined1
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- optional: chopped green onion for garnish
- Prepare the marinade whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger (if using) together in a medium bowl.
- Place shrimp in a large zipped-top bag or tupperware. Pour 1/2 of the marinade mixture on top, give it all a shake or stir, then allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or for up to 8-12 hours. Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade for step 3. (Time-saving tip: while the shrimp is marinating, I steamed broccoli and microwaved some quick brown rice.)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Place shrimp in the skillet. (Discard used marinade2.) Cook shrimp on one side until pink-- about 45 seconds-- then flip shrimp over. Pour in remaining marinade and cook it all until shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more.
- Serve shrimp with cooked marinade sauce and a garnish of green onion. The sauce is excellent on brown rice and steamed veggies on the side.