Today, let’s make the simplest soup that is sure to keep you riding that healthy train no matter what time of the year it is. It is everything we need in January:
Tasty as in it will keep you on track with your healthy eating declaration because it does not taste like the signature diet-food-cardboard flavor, but is packed with actual good tastes that will make you want to eat more.
And since it is healthy, you can eat as much as you want! You are filling up your body with so many nutrients and tons of fiber that will keep you satiated for hours. Take that holiday candy.
Since we have to continue adulting throughout January, it is also a dish that can be made in a snap with simple ingredients that you can find at any store. This soup has only TWO little steps and easy to procure ingredients. Plus, if you make enough for leftovers, your healthy and tasty lunches are ready to go for the rest of the week, meaning more time for the superbly important adult things like Netflixing and Pinteresting.
DETOX LENTIL SOUP
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil OR avocado oil
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 2 celery (chopped)
- 1/2 of a large onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cloves garlic (grated on a microplane grater)
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups dry French Green lentils (rinsed)
- 3 leaves bay
- 4 large springs thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add in the carrots, celery, onion, salt, and pepper. Saute until the vegetables are softened and the onions are translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the garlic and sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Add in broth, lentils, bay leaves, and thyme. Bring to a simmer and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and add in the parsley. Serve.