Zucchini is my favorite veggie. So I get pretty excited when it is actually in season even though I buy it all year long. My favorite way to eat zucchini is to sauté it until tender. I could eat it with every meal.
The awesome thing about this recipe is that I had all of the ingredients on hand. It was dinner time and I was staring in my pantry wondering what I should make. One of our favorite things is this Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken. My entire family devours it. We love the crispy flavorful crust on the chicken.
So I decided to put the two together and the result was delicious! A crispy delicious chicken with tender zucchini that is full of flavor and only require one pan.
The less dishes that I have to do the happier that I am.
Lets just take a second to discuss the amazing flavors in this meal. First of all anything with parmesan and garlic is already a winner in my book. But it coats the chicken perfectly and gives it such a crispy texture to the tender and juicy chicken. What I especially love is removing the chicken and sautéing the zucchini in a buttery garlic parmesan sauce. And the crispy sediments of the chicken also are incorporated in the sauce. IT IS AMAZING!
This is a simple 30 minute meal that is full of flavor and my favorite vegetable is the star of the dish! You guys are going to love this one.
Here is how to make it:
- 2 Chicken Breasts, sliced in half, or 4 thin chicken breasts
- 8 Tablespoons butter, divided
- ½ cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup plus 1 Tablespoon grated parmesan, divided
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt 2 Tablespoons butter. To make the chicken: Melt remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and flour. Dip the chicken in the butter and then coat in the bread crumb mixture and place in skillet.
- Cook on each side for about 3-4 minutes until the outside is crispy and the chicken is cooked throughout. Set aside on plate.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of butter back to the skillet and saute the minced garlic for a minute. Add the zucchini to the skillet and saute until tender. Salt and pepper to taste and add some 1 Tablespoon parmesan. Add the chicken back to the skillet and heat for a minute or so. Serve immediately.