We just got a new grill and I knew the first thing I cooked on it had to be something worthy. Since this recipe combines the glorious tastes of bourbon, bacon, and bbq sauce, I thought it fit the bill.
You may be looking at the photos and saying, “Hey, where’s the bacon??” Well, the bacon in this recipe is actually made in to a delicious paste that you then coat the chicken with before grilling.
Bourbon Bacon BBQ Chicken Kebabs Recipe
- 8 oz barbecue sauce I used Sweet Baby Ray’s
- 1/8 cup bourbon
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 6 slices uncooked bacon cut into small pieces
- Light the grill and heat to medium-high
- In a small bowl, combine the BBQ sauce and bourbon. Mix well.
- In a food processor, combine the kosher salt, white pepper, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, dark brown sugar, smoked paprika, and bacon. Pulse until completely smooth.
- Put the chicken pieces in a bowl and then rub with the bacon paste. Once well-coated, thread the chicken pieces onto skewers.
- Place the kebabs on the preheated grill. Cook for about 5 minutes per side, or until nearly cooked through.
- Brush the kebabs with the bourbon barbecue sauce and cook for an additional minute on each side.
- Serve with the remaining BBQ sauce.
Recipt from cookingwithjanica.com