Original recipe at wholeandheavenlyoven.com
Chicken salad lettuce wraps lightened up with healthy avocado and NO mayonnaise at all! These wraps are going to quickly become a lunch favorite.
The green is officially out of control here, guys.
And I regret nothing. Nothing at all.
Sidenote: Tomorrow is April. And I won’t say all the usual stuff I say like whoaaaaa, that’s crazy, where the heck are all the months going, and time please slow down will ‘ya?
I’ll just say that it’s April. And I’m beyond thrilled because April is usuaaaaally the month when spring really DOES decide to stick around for real. It’s also the month when all the spring produce is at it’s peak, which means I can officially shower you with all the asparagus, salads, and basically all the green stuff.
Kinda like I’ve been doing for the past month? We’re making it official this time around so all the other stuff didn’t count.
And now we can officially stuff our faces with avocado chicken salad lettuce wraps. Because GREEN, baby!
So are you ready for your mind to be completely blown up? By no less than a lettuce wrap, guys.
Let me tell you about these little rolls of spring dreams and rainbows. We have…
- Avocado. Subbing indirectly for mayonnaise that is NOT needed in these wraps. Have you tried making the avo for mayo swap yet, guys? It’s AMAZING!!
- Chicken. And that’s probably obvious to everyone, but let me tell you that these lettuce wraps are the BEST way to use up leftover cooked chicken.
- All kinds of flavor enhancers. We’ve got lime juice, cilantro, red onion, and garlic all stepping into to enhance the avocado flavor, and they definitely do their job well.
- Butter lettuce. It’s my new thing and it’s obviously avocado chicken salad’s dream home.
And they all lived happily ever after in the prettiest and most addicting-est lettuce wraps in the universe.
I want to eat these all day every day for the rest of spring, peeps. I just really really do.
Avocado Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2-in cubes (about 2 cups)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8-10 butter lettuce leaves
- In a medium bowl, mash avocado with sour cream and lime juice. Stir in cilantro, onion, garlic powder, and chicken cubes until just combined. Season chicken salad with salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, fill butter lettuce leaves with chicken salad and serve immediately. Enjoy!