Honey Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries and Feta
This sweet and savory side dish is perfect for the holidays and loaded with Fall flavor!
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled + chopped
- a hearty drizzle of olive oil (1-2 TBSP)
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste
- 1-2 cups fresh cranberries (add a little or a lot!)
- 2-3 TBSP honey (or extra, to taste)
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled feta
- ground cinnamon, to taste
- fresh or dried parsley, to garnish, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly drizzle or spritz a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Add cubed squash to the sheet along with another drizzle of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with a light layer of salt, pepper, and garlic powder, based on taste preference.
- Roast at 400 F for 25 minutes on the center rack.
- At the 25 minute mark, pull out the oven rack, and add your fresh cranberries to the roasting pan.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cranberries have started to soften and burst a bit, resembling really juicy craisins vs fresh firm cranberries.
- Remove from oven and add a sprinkle of cinnamon (approx. 1/8-1/4 tsp depending on preference) along with feta and honey. I listed the honey measurements I used but depending on whether you used fresh cranberries or dried, sweeten to taste.
- Garnish with parsley for a burst of color and dig in while it’s hot!
Feel free to use fresh or dried cranberries for this dish! Dried will be sweeter, while fresh with have a delightful punch of tartness to pair with the buttery squash and sweet honey. Let your taste buds be your guide and have fun with it!
2nd Recipe on Next Page