For the chicken:
- 1 pound thin cut boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or equal parts garlic powder, dried oregano and dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the bruschetta topping:
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes diced
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl or resealable bag, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper. Add the chicken breasts and marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the grill. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until done.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the bruschetta topping. In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, basil, salt and pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the bruschetta mixture over the chicken and serve.